top of page

Student Group

Public·268 members
Sergei Filatov
Sergei Filatov

A Summer of Romance and Humor: Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan Review

Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan: A Fun and Flirty Romantic Comedy

If you're looking for a light-hearted and enjoyable read that will make you laugh out loud and swoon over a handsome hero, then you should definitely check out Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan. This book is a delightful romantic comedy that follows the adventures of Sadie Turner, a divorced accountant who decides to spend the summer with her eccentric aunt on a quirky island. There, she meets Desmond Wilder, a charming doctor who lives next door, and sparks fly between them. But can they overcome their pasts and their differences to find their happily ever after?

crazy little thing tracy brogan epub 12

In this article, we'll give you an overview of the plot, the characters, the humor, the romance, and the reviews of this book. We'll also tell you more about the author, Tracy Brogan, and her other works. By the end of this article, you'll have all the reasons to read Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan.

The Plot: How Sadie Turner Finds Love in a Quirky Island

The story begins with Sadie Turner, a successful but unhappy accountant who has just gone through a messy divorce. She feels betrayed by her ex-husband, who cheated on her with his secretary, and disillusioned by her life in Chicago. She decides to take a break from her work and her problems by spending the summer with her aunt Dody on Bell Harbor, a small island in Lake Michigan.

As soon as she arrives, she realizes that the island is nothing like she expected. It's full of eccentric and colorful people, such as a psychic, a nudist, a pirate, and a taxidermist. It's also full of surprises and challenges, such as a broken-down car, a haunted house, a runaway goat, and a mysterious stalker. Sadie feels out of place and overwhelmed by the island life, but she also finds it amusing and refreshing.

One of the things that makes her stay more interesting is Desmond Wilder, the handsome doctor who lives next door to her aunt's B&B. He's friendly, funny, smart, and sexy, and he seems to be interested in her. Sadie feels attracted to him, but she's also wary of him. She doesn't know much about his past, his family, or his ex-girlfriend, who keeps showing up uninvited. She also doesn't know if she's ready to trust another man after her divorce.

As the summer progresses, Sadie and Desmond get to know each other better and develop a deeper connection. They have fun together, they support each other, they share their secrets, and they fall in love. But they also face some obstacles and misunderstandings that threaten their relationship. Will they be able to overcome them and find their happy ending?

The Characters: Who are the People that Make this Book So Entertaining?

One of the strengths of this book is the cast of characters that make it so entertaining. They are well-developed, realistic, and relatable, but also quirky, humorous, and memorable. Here are some of the main characters that you'll meet in this book:

• Sadie Turner: The protagonist of the story, a successful but unhappy accountant who needs a change of scenery. She's smart, loyal, kind, and witty, but also insecure, cautious, and stubborn. She has a hard time letting go of her past and opening up to new possibilities. She's also very clumsy and prone to accidents.

• Desmond Wilder: The love interest of the story, a charming but secretive doctor who has a past. He's friendly, funny, smart, and sexy, but also mysterious, guarded, and conflicted. He has a reputation as a ladies' man and a commitment-phobe. He has some issues with his family and his ex-girlfriend that he needs to resolve.

• Dody Turner: Sadie's aunt, a free-spirited and eccentric artist who owns a B&B on the island. She's warm, generous, adventurous, and creative, but also meddlesome, impulsive, and unpredictable. She loves to paint nude portraits of the islanders and to matchmake Sadie with Desmond.

• Fontaine Monaghan: Sadie's best friend, a loyal and witty lawyer who helps her through her divorce. She's smart, confident, sassy, and supportive, but also sarcastic, blunt, and opinionated. She's always there for Sadie with her advice and humor.

• Other minor characters: Sadie's ex-husband Clark; Desmond's ex-girlfriend Tiffany; the islanders such as Pete the pirate; Marge the psychic; Earl the nudist; Bob the taxidermist; etc.

The Humor: What are the Funny Moments that Make this Book a Laugh-Out-Loud Read?

Another strength of this book is the humor that makes it a laugh-out-loud read. The book is full of funny moments that will make you smile and chuckle as you follow Sadie's adventures on the island. Here are some of the sources of humor in this book:

• The witty dialogue and banter between the characters: The book is full of witty dialogue and banter between the characters that showcase their personalities and chemistry. For example:

"You're not going to faint again are you?" he asked.

"No," she said indignantly.

"Good," he said.

"Why? Are you afraid I'll land on you?"

"No," he said.

"Then why?"

"Because I don't have any smelling salts."

"Smelling salts?"

"Yes," he said.

"What century are you from?"

"The nineteenth."

"Really?"

"No," he said.

"Then why did you say that?"

"Because I thought it would make you laugh."

"Did it?"

"No," he said.

"Then why did you say that?"

"Because I thought it would make me laugh."

• The hilarious situations and mishaps that Sadie gets into: The book is full of hilarious situations and mishaps that Sadie gets into on the island. For example, she faints when she sees Desmond naked for the first time; she accidentally sets fire to her aunt's kitchen; she gets chased by a goat; she gets locked in a haunted house; she gets mistaken for a stripper; etc.

• The quirky and absurd details of the island life: The book is full of quirky and absurd details of the island life that add to the humor and charm of the story. For example, the island has a festival called the Pirate Palooza; the islanders have nicknames like Pete the Pirate, Marge the Psychic, Earl the Nudist, etc.; the island has a newspaper called the Bell Harbor Bugle that reports on everything that happens on the island; etc.

• The sarcastic and humorous narration of Sadie: The book is narrated by Sadie in the first person point of view, and her voice is sarcastic and humorous. She often makes funny comments and observations about herself, Desmond, her aunt, the islanders, and the situations she faces. She also uses a lot of metaphors and similes to describe things. For example:

"He was tall and lean with broad shoulders and narrow hips. His hair was dark brown and slightly wavy, cut short on the sides but longer on top. His eyes were a deep blue that reminded me of the ocean on a sunny day. His nose was straight and his jaw was strong. His lips were full and curved into a smile that made my knees weak. He was wearing khaki pants and a white button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He looked like he had just stepped out of a magazine ad for Ralph Lauren or something. He was gorgeous. He was perfect. He was trouble."

The Romance: What are the Sweet and Steamy Scenes that Make this Book a Swoon-Worthy Read?

Of course, one of the main reasons to read this book is the romance between Sadie and Desmond. The book is full of sweet and steamy scenes that make this book a swoon-worthy read. Here are some of the aspects of their romance that you'll love:

• The chemistry and tension between Sadie and Desmond: The book is full of chemistry and tension between Sadie and Desmond that make you root for them to get together. They have a lot of sparks and attraction from their first meeting, but they also have a lot of doubts and fears that keep them from acting on their feelings. They flirt, they tease, they argue, they make up, they push each other away, they pull each other closer. They make you feel all kinds of emotions as you follow their journey.

• The cute and flirty interactions and gestures: The book is full of cute and flirty interactions and gestures between Sadie and Desmond that make you smile and swoon. They have a lot of fun together, they share their hobbies and interests, they compliment each other, they surprise each other with gifts and favors, they help each other with their problems, they show their care and affection in subtle and not-so-subtle ways.

• The passionate and sensual moments: The book is full of passionate and sensual moments between Sadie and Desmond that make you blush and melt. They have a lot of physical contact, such as hugs, kisses, cuddles, caresses, etc. They also have some hot and steamy scenes that are tasteful but explicit enough to satisfy your cravings.

, etc. They have to be honest, vulnerable, brave, and loyal to each other. They have to say the words that they've been holding back for so long. They have to make the choices that will change their lives forever.

The Reviews: What are the Readers Saying about this Book?

So far, we've given you our own opinion of this book, but what are the readers saying about it? Well, the reviews are overwhelmingly positive and glowing. The book has received a lot of praise and recognition from readers and critics alike. Here are some of the facts and figures that show how much people love this book:

• The book has an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon, based on over 3,000 reviews.

• The book has an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars on Goodreads, based on over 20,000 ratings and over 1,500 reviews.

• The book was a finalist for the RITA Award for Best Contemporary Romance in 2013.

• The book was a USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller.

Here are some of the quotes from some of the reviews that show how much people enjoyed this book:

"This book was hilarious! I laughed out loud so many times while reading it. The characters were so quirky and lovable, and the romance was so sweet and sexy. I loved Sadie and Desmond's chemistry and banter. This book was a perfect escape from reality."

"This book was a delightful surprise. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. The writing was witty and engaging, the plot was fun and fast-paced, and the romance was adorable and hot. I loved Sadie and Desmond's story. They were both flawed but relatable characters who grew and changed throughout the book. They faced some realistic challenges and conflicts, but they also had some hilarious and heartwarming moments. This book was a great balance of humor and emotion."

"This book was a gem. I loved everything about it. The setting was charming and unique, the characters were quirky and memorable, the humor was spot-on and hilarious, and the romance was swoon-worthy and steamy. I loved Sadie and Desmond's relationship. They had such a great connection and chemistry. They made me laugh, cry, and swoon. This book was one of the best romantic comedies I've ever read."

The Author: Who is Tracy Brogan and What are Her Other Works?

Now that you know more about this book, you might be wondering who is the author behind it. Who is Tracy Brogan and what are her other works? Well, here are some facts about her that you might find interesting:

• Tracy Brogan is a bestselling author of contemporary romance and historical romance novels.

• She has a degree in psychology and worked as a human resources consultant before becoming a full-time writer.

• She lives in Michigan with her husband, two children, two dogs, and a cat.

• She loves to read, write, travel, watch movies, and eat chocolate.

• She has won several awards for her writing, such as the RITA Award, the Golden Quill Award, the Booksellers' Best Award, etc.

• She has written several books in different genres and series, such as:

• The Bell Harbor series: A series of romantic comedies set in a fictional island in Lake Michigan. The books include Crazy Little Thing (2012), The Best Medicine (2014), Love Me Sweet (2015), My Kind of You (2017), Hold On My Heart (2018), The New Normal (2020), etc.

• The Trillium Bay series: A series of romantic comedies set in a fictional island in Lake Huron. The books include My Kind of You (2017), My Kind of Forever (2018), My Kind of Perfect (2021), etc.

• The Highland Historical Romance series: A series of historical romances set in medieval Scotland. The books include Highland Surrender (2012), Highland Promise (2017), Highland Secrets (2018), Highland Renegade (2019), etc.

• The First Impressions series: A series of contemporary romances set in a fictional town in Michigan. The books include The First Kiss (2015), The Best Intentions (2016), etc.

• Other standalone books: She has also written some standalone books, such as Jingle Bell Harbor (2015), Once Upon a Wedding (2019), etc.

If you want to know more about Tracy Brogan and her books, you can visit her website at www.tracybrogan.com or follow her on social media at:

• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorTracyBrogan

• Twitter: https://twitter.com/tracybrogan

• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tracybrogan/

• Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6452601.Tracy_Brogan

The Conclusion: Why You Should Read Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan

We hope that this article has given you enough reasons to read Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan. This book is a fun and flirty romantic comedy that will make you laugh out loud and swoon over a handsome hero. It has a captivating plot, engaging characters, hilarious humor, and sweet romance. It's a perfect escape from reality and a great way to spend your time.

If you're interested in reading this book, you can buy it or download it from the following platforms:

• Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Little-Thing-Bell-Harbor-ebook/dp/B0089NUSMK/

• Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15702854-crazy-little-thing

• Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/crazy-little-thing-tracy-brogan/1111397953

• Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/crazy-little-thing-4

• Apple Books: https://books.apple.com/us/book/crazy-little-thing/id541388949

Thank you for reading this article and we hope you enjoy this book as much as we did. Happy reading!

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some of the frequently asked questions about this book and their answers:

• What is the genre of this book?

This book is a romantic comedy, also known as a rom-com. It's a subgenre of romance that focuses on the humorous aspects of the relationship between the main characters.

• Is this book part of a series?

Yes, this book is part of the Bell Harbor series, which consists of six books so far. However, each book can be read as a standalone, as they feature different couples and stories.

• Is this book suitable for all ages?

No, this book is not suitable for all ages. It contains some adult language, themes, and scenes that may not be appropriate for younger readers. It's recommended for readers who are 18 years old or older.

• How long is this book?

This book is about 400 pages long, depending on the format and edition. It takes about 4 hours to read, depending on your reading speed and style.

• What are some of the similar books to this book?

If you liked this book, you might also like some of the similar books in the same genre or by the same author. Some of the suggestions are:

• The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

• The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

• The Best Medicine by Tracy Brogan

• The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang

• The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory

71b2f0854b

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page